For fun facts Friday this week, I decided it’s just going to be a random assortment of stuff from the last week. Since i’ve been so busy, I haven’t had time to think, blog, or do much of anything.
- Tuesday was the only SXSW I did this year. I was ok with that. I had an awesome time on Tuesday.
- I helped Dan work on his jeep Saturday and Sunday. Can’t say I love it as much as he does. Seriously. His boss emailed me today to ask if he sleeps with it.
- Thin Mint Sprint is tomorrow. Last year I vowed i’d come back and win it. Instead? I am cheering and hosting a LUNA Chix tent. I wish I was doing both. It’s been almost 3 months of no running. I MAY be able to try again next week.
- I went home for less than 24 hours last week. In that 24 hours I drove 2 hours each way, saw my parents, saw baby Evan, planted garden with dad, had an excellent walk around the Ville, got my hair colored, and went to Trader Joe’s. Oh and I worked from mom and dad’s house for 4 hours which SUCKED.
- Please let it rain and not be so hot this summer. For my sanity at work and for dad’s garden! Right now only collard greens and cabbage are producing. But I helped plant blackberries, grapes, tomatoes, jalapeno, and a few other things. I saved and dried some kabocha seeds, which I hope grow! Not sure he’s planted those yet. I roasted one for them Saturday for lunch and they loved it! Hoping he gets a yield, because I ate GOOD out of his garden last year. Tomatoes, squashes galore, greens, peppers, etc.
He was awake this time and much less fragile at 6 weeks than he was at 1. I wasn’t scared of holding him at all. And I got peed on. I say he was marking me as his favorite aunt 😉 Yeah, I didn’t even put forth the effort of makeup last Friday.
I wish I could say I had a lazy weekend planned, but I unfortunately have a ton of stuff to do. Going out of town tonight AND Sunday night. We’ll be burning up 35.