Just lucky I guess, things tend to work out
You’re the best thing I’ve found, I don’t have any doubt
When life looks down, I know with you I’m blessed
It’ll all turn back around
Just lucky I guess
- I worked out every day last week. I worked out 1 day this week so far. I pushed myself too hard Saturday without enough prep and I severely dehydrated myself. Lesson learned. I went to bed super early last night.
- I am getting ready to travel a lot. I love being in my element and I wish it was 12 months out of the year and not just 2ish.
- I am probably going to work my Christmas job again. It ain’t in it for the money, that’s for sure.
- I am watching Nashville right now, which I am glad is back on. Sometimes I see some of my own life in the show. Same with Modern Family. I don’t watch much tv but I do know my life is nothing like Sons of Anarchy, thank goodness!
- I want to start doing some updating on my house, I have no idea where to start, but I do know exterior painting is high priority and i’m not doing it myself. Of course the prices i’ve gotten so far aren’t pretty.
- I finally finished decorating my bedroom. Dad helped me hang my big art last weekend when he was here.
- LUNA team got extended an extra year 🙂
- speaking of bedrooms I decided to get a roommate. EEEK! I have never lived with just one other girl who wasn’t my sister. My 1st year away at school I had 3 girl roomies. I hope it all goes well.
- I woke up in a sweaty panic last night, which is never a good feeling. I’ve been very upset about some stuff lately.
- I have a trip at the end of October that I am really looking forward to. Hoping I am not going alone. Even if I do, it’ll be still be great, but it just won’t be the same.
- I miss artists like Peter Dawson, Dub Miller, and Cross Canadian Ragweed (currently listening to Peter Dawson-Coupland Live. Elisabeth’s song is one of my favorites of his, it’s makes me happy).
- Elisabeth’s song reminds me of ODB.
Have a fantastic weekend!
It’s a choice, every day
Claim what’s yours or let it slip away
Got to lead with a heart
Commit to full potential, let the healing start
Good old Guy Clark 🙂
I got an ol’ blue shirt
And it suits me just fine
I like the way it feels
So I wear it all the time
I got an old guitar
It won’t ever stay in tune
I like the way it sounds
In a dark and empty room
I got an ol’ pair of boots
And they fit just right
I can work all day
And I can dance all night
I got an ol’ used car
And it runs just like a top
I get the feelin’ it ain’t
Ever gonna stop
Stuff that works, stuff that holds up
The kind of stuff you don’t hang on the wall
Stuff that’s real, stuff you feel
The kind of stuff you reach for when you fall
I got a pretty good friend
Who’s seen me at my worst
He can’t tell if I’m a blessing
Or a curse
But he always shows up
When the chips are down
That’s the kind of stuff
I like to be around
I got a woman I love
She’s crazy and paints like God
She’s got a playground sense of justice
She won’t take odds
I got a tattoo with her name
Right through my soul
I think everything she touches
Turns to gold
Love me some Guy Clark! That last verse I adore.
I need to see him again!
Pat Green, Tore up from the floor up, Galleywinter. Whatever you want to call it, whenever you may have been involved in it, one thing was for certain. Love of the music. And a family of friends.
Some of my oldest friends and acquaintances came about from Galleywinter or from someone I knew from there. I look at half my facebook friends and they are from GW. Many of which are from college days. My first friends in Austin were ones I met at shows from GW. And yes, Dan and I were both part of all of them before we met.
I don’t know what prompted me to write about Galleywinter or even head back over to check it out. But I do have a lot of great friends that came out of Galley and even better memories.
So this shout out and wave goes to all of my readers that know me from good ole Galleywinter 🙂
“Love’s a gift and truly handmade”
~Guy Clark, from lyrics to LA Freeway
This song lyric has been my favorite quote since college. It’s always just stuck out to me. Love is really a gift and it’s completely two-sided. You cultivate your love for something or someone in your own heart. It’s something you make yourself, or handmade.
My veggie spiraler
I’ve only tried zucchini before, but other squashes, apples, potatoes, etc are on my list. It has 3 different blades to vary the size.
This spice from Savory Spice Shop. This was awesome on broiled pork chops. I will be back for a whole bottle! Says it’s great for poultry, burgers, meatloaf, and stuffed peppers. Oh the possibilities!
New venue and 2 new artists to me. We went to Texas Music Theater in San Marcos on Friday night to see grammy nominated writer Will Hoge (Dan was already a fan). Stewart Mann and the Statesboro Revue opened the show. It was all new to me and I had a great time. Not to mention, I got to have dinner with my good friend Alison and her husband before the show.
Photos not available yet, but we completed tore up our backyard on Saturday and Sunday. I hope this leads eventually to an awesome yard!