- Life is short, too short. Hug your loved ones.
- It’s amazing how much you can care about people you’ve never met.
- Sometimes driving 8 hours in a 24 hour period is the best thing to do and TOTALLY worth it.
- Hugs make everything better. I needed one and I got many.
- Thursday morning brunches at Denny’s are perfect.
- I missed laughing and smiling so much.
- I’ve really learned to appreciate every moment spent with ones I love.
- I feel like my heart got a booster shot of love today 🙂
It’s been a long week. I shouldn’t complain, because it’s been worse for ODB.
It really is the little things. Like someone teaching you something environmental and scientific and totally geeky. I LOVE THAT! ODB is the smartest person I’ve ever met. Not only is it engaging, it’s totally sexy 🙂
Today’s things I like Thursday is about understanding…
- Being criticized by a certain group. Someone completely understanding why you are upset because they know the criticism even worse.
- Realizing complaining about above said criticism is silly, especially when the other person deals with it daily.
- Having someone be able to ground you. Just by listening. Even if they can’t relate to your problem.
- Hearing a story that happened a long time ago that had a huge impact on someone as a teen. Silently fighting back the tears because you are thinking about how they felt in that situation. Wondering how you would have reacted in a similar situation.
- Someone trusting you with something they’ve never told anyone. Something that caused them pain and disconnected them from someone. Them knowing that you may not relate, but can understand.
- Someone understanding how much something means to you. Even if it doesn’t seem attainable. Wanting to be part of something you’ve heard such wonderful things about.
- Understanding that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason isn’t clear.
Today was an ODD day.
I couldn’t sleep, but lied it bed past gym time, so I got ready for work instead. Getting to work that early is beneficial because it’s quiet, but that’s about it. I have staff that come in at 7, so I NEVER have quiet (i’m sure my boss says the same about me!)
things I enjoyed today:
- it finally started raining at 7 pm. Not much but it’s something
- yummy dinner. Sundried tomato pesto whitefish and green beans. Pumpkin for dessert
- spicy sausage links
- lying on the couch reading (I need to do this more)
- a highly productive day at work
- a lunch time workout
- knowing I can watch 1 part of tonight’s concert live
- seeing silly pictures of someone
- a cool house! Thank goodness my AC was an easy fix
- kitty cuddles
- having someone to cry over, even though the reason I was crying was NOT good.
- having someone to check on me all day, even though they were swamped and overloaded. Today was no different than usual really with the thoughtfulness
- Pandora picking bad ass songs
So I listened to a lot of the thyroid sessions a few weeks ago. I liked Ben Greenfield Fitness, so I started following him on Facebook, signed up for his newsletter, and subscribed to his podcast.
I usually listen to podcasts when I travel alone and when I workout. It’s what I do to learn (geeky podcasts) and laugh (Adam Carolla) when I am busy.
I am digging Ben’s podcast so far. I listened to one about anxiety (it was very eye opening), one about weight issues with thyroid problems, and my favorite so far, aging like a badass. The aging podcast featured a Texas athlete/author which offer some great tips and advice. Definitely need to evaluate his advice and apply it to my own life. He makes quite a few biblical references too, which I found to be refreshing. I’ve been sorting through the rest of Ben’s 2014 podcasts to see which ones apply to me the most.
I used to listen to Paleo Parents and Balanced Bites, but I couldn’t keep up with all of them. I’ve started being pretty selective with my Carolla podcasts as well, since he broadcasts 5 days a week, I can’t keep up. I was once caught up, but then I didn’t have any for the gym 😉 So I keep at least 2 in the playlist at any given time, so I have 2 workouts worth ready!
I am not going to lie, there isn’t much I like about today.
I woke up tired. I had tears. The hotel didn’t have the awesome fruit today for breakfast. I went to work. More tears. Work got out late, so I postponed lunch. That didn’t bother me near as much as having to say goodbye. Apparently this time I cried throughout the day instead of just when I was leaving town. No, I am not moody and pregnant, this is my normal when I have to leave ODB. I HATE it. It hurts me emotionally and it stresses me out.
I ended up getting lunch on the edge of town which sucked. Didn’t help that I already didn’t feel well, but the emotional distress did a number on me too. I still don’t feel great.
Got back in just enough time for horrible traffic, so I went to my office and worked some, even though I was dead tired. Came home to two hungry kitties with a mess to clean up, wilted plants, and empty bird feeders.
BBQ for dinner picked up for dinner and tomorrow’s lunch. A few less things to worry about.
DBT, which I have been waiting FOREVER for is tonight. I am WAY too tired to drive myself downtown and back. This is heartbreaking to me. I wish I had a ride down there, because I would still go and just be tired. Its the driving back tired that I cannot do.
But I have 2 happy kitties now, my house is still in 1 piece, and I am just as loved as I was 7 hours ago.