Sometimes we laugh, and sometimes we cry
Some days it’s hard to figure out our way in this life
But it’s moments like these that make me wish
I could freeze frame time.~Brandon Rhyder
Today was truly one of those days I wanted to put in slow motion. Sometimes the company makes everything enjoyable. Sometimes doing nothing with the right person means EVERYTHING. I definitely laughed today and smiled my ass off. Tears fell when it was time to go.
It never gets easier. But I hope one day “we figure out our way in this life”, and it leads us to being permanently together.
- I worked out every day last week. I worked out 1 day this week so far. I pushed myself too hard Saturday without enough prep and I severely dehydrated myself. Lesson learned. I went to bed super early last night.
- I am getting ready to travel a lot. I love being in my element and I wish it was 12 months out of the year and not just 2ish.
- I am probably going to work my Christmas job again. It ain’t in it for the money, that’s for sure.
- I am watching Nashville right now, which I am glad is back on. Sometimes I see some of my own life in the show. Same with Modern Family. I don’t watch much tv but I do know my life is nothing like Sons of Anarchy, thank goodness!
- I want to start doing some updating on my house, I have no idea where to start, but I do know exterior painting is high priority and i’m not doing it myself. Of course the prices i’ve gotten so far aren’t pretty.
- I finally finished decorating my bedroom. Dad helped me hang my big art last weekend when he was here.
- LUNA team got extended an extra year 🙂
- speaking of bedrooms I decided to get a roommate. EEEK! I have never lived with just one other girl who wasn’t my sister. My 1st year away at school I had 3 girl roomies. I hope it all goes well.
- I woke up in a sweaty panic last night, which is never a good feeling. I’ve been very upset about some stuff lately.
- I have a trip at the end of October that I am really looking forward to. Hoping I am not going alone. Even if I do, it’ll be still be great, but it just won’t be the same.
- I miss artists like Peter Dawson, Dub Miller, and Cross Canadian Ragweed (currently listening to Peter Dawson-Coupland Live. Elisabeth’s song is one of my favorites of his, it’s makes me happy).
- Elisabeth’s song reminds me of ODB.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Today’s random facts are in threes.
1. Mike Cooley, 2. Radney Foster, 3. Randy Rogers
1. Randy Rogers, 2. Jason Boland and the Stragglers, 3. Drive By Truckers
Favorite sports teams:
1. Houston Astros, 2. Texas Rangers, 3. Auburn Tigers (yes, i’m still a fan)
1. weights, 2. running, 3. swimming
Favorite weekend getaways:
1. Gruene/New Braunfels, 2. anywhere with a beach, 3. home
1. Birthdays(not just mine), 2. Texas Independence Day, 3. 4th of July
Favorite summer moments of 2014:
1. Florida trip, 2. June summer fun, 3. Riverwalk in SA
I really believe everything happens for a reason. Lately I honestly have had to remind myself of that.
Next week I will likely be MIA from blog-land because I will be out of town on business all week. I seriously doubt I will have the time or the energy to blog. But I am certain the week will result in some interesting blog posts. I LOVE those events. It’s the weeks leading up to them that are insane.
I am pretty sure I will sleep all of next weekend because I will TOTALLY need it. It’ll be worth it.
Well I don’t know if I would consider them all that fun this week!
- My foot felt better after icing for a few days. Ran on it Tuesday and it was fine. After Thursday wasn’t so good. It’s still sore across the top 😦
- I may have a place of my own soon!
- I am nervous about Sunday’s race. I am not ready. I keep telling myself to just have fun.
- I took a personal day Wednesday. Not something I do enough. It was pretty awesome.
- Just as soon as I posted my excitement for the 3 day weekend on Facebook, things started to change. And not for the better. Saturday plans were completely scrapped. I had no words, just tears.
- There are 2 more days to this long weekend, but Saturday I had my heart set on for a while
- AIP totally had reduced my inflammation. HAD because I cheated once and it made me bloated and miserable. Back to strict AIP with structured reintroduction.
- I’m still a sucker for greeting cards
- And goofing around at Buccee’s
I am so excited about new things right now, i’m such a dork.
- my stand up desk. I have stood except in meetings and while eating breakfast and lunch everyday this week. My feet hurt at the end of the day, but I am not used to standing AT ALL during the day.
- I am more productive standing up, but I don’t type as fast. Weird.
- My kombucha brew. I am getting impatient waiting for it to be ready for bottling and flavoring. I tasted it a few days ago and it wasn’t ready, too sweet 😦
- Speaking of kombucha, I am totally addicted. Even drinking half a bottle a day is expensive, now I know what Starbucks addicts deal with
- I canned some spicy carrots on Monday, I hope they are ready today.
- Tried a couple of new recipes that rock, will be posting reviews soon.
- I really want to take Dan to Enchanted Rock this weekend, he’s never been and I haven’t been since I was a freshman in college for a geology class
- We are trying to decide on bids for our deck. I am getting REALLY impatient, this was supposed to happen last spring. We have a giant backyard and never go out there because are patio is tiny, like 10×10 tiny. And it has a smoker, grill, table, plants, and a cooler on it too. I want to enjoy the weather and finally landscape that sucker too. Dan didn’t want any landscaping in the backyard until the deck is built.
- I am getting inducted into the sorority’s topaz society next Saturday. Unfortunately I probably won’t be able to travel to College Station for the ceremony. I can’t believe it’s been over 10 years since I was an OPA pledge.
- They aren’t new, but i’ve been rocking my Ahnu shoes extra lately. They are the most comfortable to wear for standing at work and they are adorable too. I can’t wait to get another pair.