Just lucky I guess, things tend to work out
You’re the best thing I’ve found, I don’t have any doubt
When life looks down, I know with you I’m blessed
It’ll all turn back around
Just lucky I guess
- I worked out every day last week. I worked out 1 day this week so far. I pushed myself too hard Saturday without enough prep and I severely dehydrated myself. Lesson learned. I went to bed super early last night.
- I am getting ready to travel a lot. I love being in my element and I wish it was 12 months out of the year and not just 2ish.
- I am probably going to work my Christmas job again. It ain’t in it for the money, that’s for sure.
- I am watching Nashville right now, which I am glad is back on. Sometimes I see some of my own life in the show. Same with Modern Family. I don’t watch much tv but I do know my life is nothing like Sons of Anarchy, thank goodness!
- I want to start doing some updating on my house, I have no idea where to start, but I do know exterior painting is high priority and i’m not doing it myself. Of course the prices i’ve gotten so far aren’t pretty.
- I finally finished decorating my bedroom. Dad helped me hang my big art last weekend when he was here.
- LUNA team got extended an extra year 🙂
- speaking of bedrooms I decided to get a roommate. EEEK! I have never lived with just one other girl who wasn’t my sister. My 1st year away at school I had 3 girl roomies. I hope it all goes well.
- I woke up in a sweaty panic last night, which is never a good feeling. I’ve been very upset about some stuff lately.
- I have a trip at the end of October that I am really looking forward to. Hoping I am not going alone. Even if I do, it’ll be still be great, but it just won’t be the same.
- I miss artists like Peter Dawson, Dub Miller, and Cross Canadian Ragweed (currently listening to Peter Dawson-Coupland Live. Elisabeth’s song is one of my favorites of his, it’s makes me happy).
- Elisabeth’s song reminds me of ODB.
Have a fantastic weekend!
I had been looking forward to today for FOREVER. Time off from work for 1.5 days, a road trip, seeing old friends, and 2 bands together for the PERFECT show. Getting down with the rock bands
Things fell apart Wednesday, which was pretty shocking to me. I am not going to go into details, I’m not going to trash talk anyone and I never will. But some hurtful things happened with people I thought were my friends. I guess I am just way too optimistic when it comes to certain things.
So I decided it would be best if I did not go. My music soul is crushed, but my heart is probably better off.
I don’t listen to mainstream country. Apparently for good reason.
I just finished the CMT music awards. Not because I give a care at all about the awful music they are promoting. Heck, even ZZ Top posted online what a shit storm of music happened after they opened the show. Sad.
Anyhow, I was watching the show to see if CMT had a tribute to an important industry journalist who passed away a little less than a year ago. Not surprised there wasn’t anything included. They would rather pull ratings with their pop country crap, than honor people important to the industry.
Music snob off her soap box. Now if I could only get my ears to stop bleeding.
It’s a choice, every day
Claim what’s yours or let it slip away
Got to lead with a heart
Commit to full potential, let the healing start
“Keep on dreamin’, even if it breaks your heart.”
I’ve been in a relating to music kind of mood lately. I’ve had some major changes in work lately and they’ve been hard on me. Morale is incredibly low. I’ve always used the positive reinforcement from my regional coworkers. I wish that praise also translated into appreciation in my own office. It does translate into stress which I’ve moved far away from in the last year.
And then there is running. It’s not happening. I did fine in Houston and then the last 2 weeks I’ve been so exhausted working 2 jobs, I just don’t have the energy or willpower for anything. Only a couple more weeks. I am trying to get rested in the next few days. I am starting to feel poorly overall again, which freaks me out. This also stresses me out.
And then there is my personal life. Love greater than I even thought was possible. Everything I’ve ever wanted. Except having it in the same place. My current situation is both amazing and heartbreaking at the same time. At times, it stresses me out. I dream one day we will be together under the same roof.
I know some of my worries are only temporary and happiness is around the corner. Everything happens for a reason.
Good old Guy Clark 🙂
I got an ol’ blue shirt
And it suits me just fine
I like the way it feels
So I wear it all the time
I got an old guitar
It won’t ever stay in tune
I like the way it sounds
In a dark and empty room
I got an ol’ pair of boots
And they fit just right
I can work all day
And I can dance all night
I got an ol’ used car
And it runs just like a top
I get the feelin’ it ain’t
Ever gonna stop
Stuff that works, stuff that holds up
The kind of stuff you don’t hang on the wall
Stuff that’s real, stuff you feel
The kind of stuff you reach for when you fall
I got a pretty good friend
Who’s seen me at my worst
He can’t tell if I’m a blessing
Or a curse
But he always shows up
When the chips are down
That’s the kind of stuff
I like to be around
I got a woman I love
She’s crazy and paints like God
She’s got a playground sense of justice
She won’t take odds
I got a tattoo with her name
Right through my soul
I think everything she touches
Turns to gold
Love me some Guy Clark! That last verse I adore.
I need to see him again!