When sister and I were in college down in Corpus, we always joked that we were going to write a book called “Note to Self”. For a short time, we even had a notebook with our random observations and comments.
We still joke time to time when we see something odd, stupid, or just nuts.
I think I am going to have to start blogging my notes to self, to chronicle the things that baffle me! Most of them will probably come from the office, because I know I could write a book on the people who work in my building for sure.
Lets start today. Note to self” Work Gym
- I am guessing common sense and courtesy is a bit harder to find at the work gym as opposed to one that has a membership fee. I see things at Gold’s too, but not of this nature!
- The weight bench is what it implies. It’s not your own personal locker room for your lunchbox, newspaper, backpack, and coffee.
- The treadmill doesn’t need to be “warmed up” nor do you need to leave it running while you do the bike or elliptical.
- That jack on the top of your ipod is for headphones. I have some free ones I got off of my last plane trip if you need them.
- Working out in your business clothes is gross. And the treadmill doesn’t like your old man dress shoes on it. Not good for the belt on the treadmill or your shoes. I don’t use the treadmill, but I still think you should take care of it.
- Re-rack your weights. I think this is a global issue, but more so at the work gym. The good thing is, unlike Gold’s, the weights left laying around are something I can actually pick up. However, I refuse to pick up your mess.
- The bathroom stall in the locker room is not a poop stall. If you don’t use the gym, please don’t come into the locker room just to blow it up. Take your poop cloud elsewhere.
- You don’t get to claim a shower before your workout. You get to choose shower when you are DONE working out!
- Don’t leave all of your shower stuff in the shower every day. There is no place for others to put their items. Plus I am pretty sure people are going to start using up your toiletries.
- Leaving your stuff in lockers every day to marinate is gross. Take your stuff home and wash it. The policy is, take it home every day. It’s for a reason.
#1 note to self on the work gym…Don’t use the work gym.