It’s been a long week. I shouldn’t complain, because it’s been worse for ODB.
It really is the little things. Like someone teaching you something environmental and scientific and totally geeky. I LOVE THAT! ODB is the smartest person I’ve ever met. Not only is it engaging, it’s totally sexy 🙂
I honestly have no idea where my weekend went. I did some cleaning, some working out, watched 2 horrible movies (note to self, consult Rotten Tomatoes website first). Oh and I worked, because with traveling comes getting backlogged. You can only do so much from the road.
Apparently PB Snickers hate me. I’ve never had one before, we got 300 bars last week for an event. I ate half yesterday and half today. BLEH. The way I feel was NOT worth the heavenly goodness. Read the ingredients and I don’t know what it could be. Yes, I know they are made of garbage.
I miss my ODB. Way too much.
This edition is very random to say the least.
- My kitties don’t seem to mind the puppy friend in our house (roomie’s dog)
- My roomie has the same bedspread as me.
- I was in Waco all week, it’s growing on me, but I wouldn’t want to live there
- I had a good time getting to know new people on my trip
- I missed ODB terribly. I miss him every day. I haven’t seen him in over a month and it makes me very sad. We are both just so busy, we’ve not been able to make our schedules mesh
- I got a promotion 🙂
- I got hit on A LOT this week.
- I told ODB everything that happened this week. He was not amused by my admirers.
- Apparently I don’t speak guy talk or think like a man. He’s teaching me how to do this better.
- I finally had a swim that made me feel like a REAL swimmer! Unfortunately my breathing on and off land still sucks pretty bad
- ODB had a rough week. This pains me 😦
- I need to find a Halloween costume. We always do a Halloween party for our LUNA end of year celebration.
- I’m bummed that I couldn’t go to SA to see Adam Carolla tonight. I REALLY wanted to go. I’ve met him but have never seen him live.
- I have a lot of work to do at home this weekend. That also includes getting caught up on sleep and work.
Today’s things I like Thursday is about understanding…
- Being criticized by a certain group. Someone completely understanding why you are upset because they know the criticism even worse.
- Realizing complaining about above said criticism is silly, especially when the other person deals with it daily.
- Having someone be able to ground you. Just by listening. Even if they can’t relate to your problem.
- Hearing a story that happened a long time ago that had a huge impact on someone as a teen. Silently fighting back the tears because you are thinking about how they felt in that situation. Wondering how you would have reacted in a similar situation.
- Someone trusting you with something they’ve never told anyone. Something that caused them pain and disconnected them from someone. Them knowing that you may not relate, but can understand.
- Someone understanding how much something means to you. Even if it doesn’t seem attainable. Wanting to be part of something you’ve heard such wonderful things about.
- Understanding that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason isn’t clear.
I am not renewing my domain. I am trying to cut back on expenses in my life, and it’s one I can’t justify.
I hope I don’t lose all of my readers that I see liking and reading all of the time.
Well the old me would have had a meltdown, at least internally. Boiling over with frustration and stress.
Current me was just very annoyed.
It started out with almost no sleep last night. I guess it was tea I drank at dinner with mom. Who knows.
Then early this morning someone in my staff punted an angry phone call to me. 1.5 hours later, I was finally done.
Then off to the Dr. Rushed down to South Austin, car riding on fumes. Waited almost 2 hours to be seen. My labs we were reviewing for the wrong part of my cycle. I told her I didn’t know she was testing for that. Apparently she wasn’t. The front desk sent the lab the wrong slip. So thank goodness insurance paid for most of the really expensive useless tests.
She said my thyroid is fine. She wants to test me in 2 months when I’ve had a chance to try the Naturethroid that apparently her boss changed me to without her knowledge. Her boss that I’ve never seen. And no, I didn’t spell that wrong, that’s the weird way they spell it.
She said i’m shedding because it’s that time of year and I am not hyper.
As far as the weight, she told me it’s because i’m old. That I need to shock my body by throwing it something new. Something I suck at. I currently suck at running, but apparently that’s not enough. She suggested stairmill (which I do already) and rowing. I am certainly not good at any one thing right now (except being tired of the extra pounds). I am going to take her up on this and see if it makes a difference. I don’t have anything to lose (except the parts that don’t fit in my clothes). It was NOT hard before, I think that is what makes this so much more frustrating. Well actually I think it’s because I gained in the first place.
And before you roll your eyes, I don’t care what anyone thinks or how much I weigh. I want to fit into my old clothes, end of story, no matter what scale number that is. I am 2 sizes bigger than I want to be. I want to be fit and healthy again.
On the upside, someone thinks I’m smoking hot the way I am. 🙂