It’s gotten to the point where every single thing I eat bothers me. Mostly with bloating and inflammation.
I went back and looked at my ALCAT from a few years ago. Different Dr’s have had differing opinions on this test since I had it done 2 years ago. My current Dr isn’t really a fan. Well my PCP that is.
My meals often contain at least 1-2 of these ingredients. Maybe it’s time to revisit these items as possibly being culprits. I am SO tired of everything making me miserable. This hasn’t slowed down my intake, just makes me paranoid about everything.
Severe intolerance (avoid): ginger. (haven’t eaten any since I had the test done 2 years ago)
- BEEF. I don’t eat beef all of the time, but I had fajitas for dinner last night and lunch today
- brazil nuts. Easy fix although they are a good source of selenium
- cabbage. Easy fix
- COFFEE. Easy fix, although i’ve been tempted to add it back. Will be strong
- green peas. Rarely eat them. (wonder if sugar snap peas count?)
- honey. Easy fix
- hops. Non issue
- macadamia nuts. Rarely eat them although they are so good.
- okra. I don’t eat it often, but I love it roasted or pickled. Easy fix
- rice. Easy fix.
- avocado (I eat this almost daily)
- bell peppers (i’ve been trying to avoid nightshades for a good while)
- blueberries (crap! I’ve been eating these alot because they are low GI and cheap now)
- black and green tea (dang it! what I am supposed to drink when water gets boring?)
- buffalo. I rarely eat it, but I do like it.
- crab. Rarely eat it, but I love it.
- egg yolks. I’ve not eaten eggs in at least 6 months.
- eggplant. (nightshade gave it up a while back)
- garlic. suck
- haddock. rarely eat it.
- honeydew. not a big deal, I like it but wouldn’t miss it.
- limes. not a big deal, I love lemons, limes, not so much.
- mussels. never eat.
- nutmeg. really only use when making stuff with pumpkin.
- onion. i eat alot of onions, may need to cut back.
- paprika. Don’t use often, but it’s a spice I love
- peaches. Suck. I love peaches
- shrimp. I also love shrimp. 😦
- trout. darn it 😦
- watermelon. I used to love watermelon, but now I rarely eat it.