My time off from work in the last year has been different than it has in the past. In the last year, I started concentrate more on surrounding myself with people and places that make me happy.
The purpose of this trip wasn’t me having a vacation really. Yes, I got time off from work, which I definitely needed. But it was more about making my heart happy.
TOP 10 vacations moments:
- being happy. 100% happy with no stress. No stress from work, no stress from relationships. Didn’t think about work at all. Didn’t worry once. Lived in the moment.
- long car ride. just us. a makeshift bench seat. more me than anyone would ever want!
- travel day out there. laughing about no AC, people watching, the crazy girl in the too small white outfit, the poor guy sitting next to me. It was a great day.
- not getting near enough sleep. I was up well past midnight every night. This includes randomly watching Honey Boo Boo for the first time ever one night. We laughed our asses off and may have a few more phrases for our vocabulary.
- seeing my college roommate and her son. I hadn’t seen her in maybe 7 years. We had a great day at the aquarium, at the tiki bar, and having ice cream. I tried to convince them to come to Texas soon. Her son has never been and she hasn’t been back since I lived in Corpus.
- 4th of July dinner and pool time
- trip to the zoo
- shopping and food adventures
- wearing my bathing suit with nothing over it and not caring. I am still bothered my current physical state, but I gave 0 fucks at the pool and at the beach.
- working out somewhere new. I am just sad I didn’t take my stuff the day I went to Clearwater or find the park where I stayed before the last day.