I am thinking our OPP probably needs an update on the dress code section. Mind you, I work in a professional, yet semi-casual office.
We used to be able to wear jeans only on Fridays. No t-shirts, no sneakers, no shirts with writing across the front. Now we can wear jeans whenever we are not having meetings with really important people, public speaking, or meeting with the public. I will admit, I wear jeans almost daily, because it’s freezing in my office and it’s easy.
People have taken things to a pretty disturbing level. Here are some of my favorites, and this is only in my building! (note, none of these people are immediate coworkers).
- the Birkenstocks with socks. Men and women
- lucite heels
- royal blue hair extensions
- flipflops. I’m not talking leather or decorative, I am talking $1.99 Target flipflops
- clubwear. I will admit, I sometimes wear something with an inappropriate back, but I ALWAYS wear a cardigan or jacket over it and it doesn’t come off
- wifebeaters. We used to have a temp that would wear skintight white wifebeaters and brightly colored padded bras under. Classy.
- spandex, nope not just on halloween
- muscle shirts. I had a coworker in my old office that would wear capris with muscle shirts and flipflops. I’m not sure if she was confused if she was going to work or the park
- spaghetti strap shirts with nothing over them. I wear these, but again, always under something, never solo
- 1980’s business suits complete with shoulder pads. Scary
- scrubs. No, we have nothing to do with medical care and this isn’t in one of the labs
Am I the only one that sees this crazy stuff?