I realized while I was in San Francisco last week, that I am more like my mom that I thought. This is a good and a bad thing.
- I make lists. When I am bored I make lists of lists I need to make.
- On both flights last week, I made lists on the notepad of my phone. I edited the first one on Wednesday, but I originally wrote it April 4 on my way out to Cali. If my mom knew how do do this on her new iphone, she would.
- Lists lead me to be more organized most of the time and hopefully worry less. Unless stuff on said list doesn’t get done soon enough.
- I am a planner. I do better when I plan. When I don’t plan, it’s not the end of the world. Unless it means I don’t get to eat, then all hell breaks loose.
- She has the same haircut as me. I had it first though.
- We both lost our weight on Weight Watchers.
- She likes to fish with my dad. I spent many hours fishing with my dad when I was in college. Hopefully as soon as June rolls around (and the legislative session is over), I can take some time off to go with them. Although, spring and fall fishing is way better.
- I am frugal. My parents spoiled me as a kid, but it was never at full price. When Solo Serve was around, we shopped there. Ross, TJ, and Marshall’s are faves these days for both mom and I. And I love a good outlet mall store. My first truck, yes, it was brand new, but my Sonic wages and tips paid for that sucker.
- I worry. ALOT. This is bad bad bad for the health.
- Both of my parents snack alot. I’ve gotten better but I still eat when I cook. This is something i’ve never been able to nix.
- When I am at work, I worry about all of the stuff I need to do at home. I am getting better about worrying about work while at home.
- One of the really bad things I do is let the snark come out full force or snip. I have huge issues with my tone. My mom is really bad about this. I am trying to be better, but Dan harshly reminds me of this often.
The bad I am really going to have to try hard to fix for my sanity and for my health. It’s not hard to see that some of my habits are very type A and type A’s have been shown to have increased risk for stress issues.