No good, sort of bad day

Monday was a total “case of the Mondays.”

Packed my bag to do the track workout that i’ve been wanting to attend regularly on Mondays from now on.

Got back to the office on Monday only to find a giant pile of work and nothing had really be done while I was gone ūüė¶

I barely got my travel reimbursement reports (I had to do 2) done before an all morning meeting.  In the meantime, I got a sad email from a friend telling me she was going to have to cut back her extra-curricular commitments (which means me seeing her less).

My coworker reminded me that we needed to leave at 11:45 to go to a conference downtown for the rest of the day. ¬†CRAP! ¬†I thought that was on Tuesday. ¬†(so I had to ditch the track workout idea up North). We didn’t leave until after noon but I was told we were eating downtown. ¬†Wrong. ¬†My coworker ate before we left, but I didn’t know that.

So I had to stop at Wendy’s (only fast food near where we were going). ¬†$8 for half a salad that left me starving and a tea. ¬†A tea which all 32 ounces spilled inside my purse! ¬†It’s a good thing it wasn’t one of my Michael Kors purses, but the purse and almost everything in it was ruined.

When we arrived, everyone (including my coworkers) were eating boxed lunch. ¬†GRRR! ¬†Why did no one tell me this? ¬†Conference was interesting, but didn’t really teach me anything that would help with my job. ¬†Noticed other people from my office and other attendees were doing things other than paying attention which was annoying.

After that, I ran over to my friends house to drop some items off and visit with her. ¬†Then I go to get in the truck to meet them at the lake to run and it’s dead. ¬†Three girls who have never jumped a vehicle before, jumping a big truck off of a BMW. ¬†We got it started and I drove North to try to get a battery.

By that time, Dan had landed in Miami and called ahead to Auto Zone to find me a battery that would work. ¬†Took me an hour in rush hour traffic to get there. ¬†Then I had to convince the guy to help me install it (because they don’t really do that).

I almost got t-boned pulling out of the lot, because someone ran the stop sign.  Seriously, I just closed my eyes and waited for them to hit me.  Somehow, some way, they stopped within a inch of the truck!

I made it home at like 8:15 and not a moment too soon.  I was tired, grumpy, and very hungry!

Gosh, I haven’t had a day like that in a really long time! ¬†Hoping I don’t have any repeats!


One thought on “No good, sort of bad day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s