Monotone Monday

I woke up feeling 100 times better on Monday morning.  I woke up before the rest of the house, hit the gym, and then back home again.  Dan’s dad and I had coffee and talked until Dan came downstairs and left at 8:20 am.

I’ve been on a dessert inspired breakfast kick lately, so dessert omelettes were on my menu all weekend long.  Thanks HEB for awesome blackberries and strawberries!

The boys had a 9:15 tee time at the SunCity golf course, which was new to both of them.  They’d planned to be gone until 2 or 2:30.

I worked on chores and other things until 10:30 when Dan’s mom woke up.  We chatted for a few hours.  She said she just wanted to stay at home and chill. I was disappointed, I was really looking forward to getting out and doing something.  I thought I was getting to go shopping or do something fun.  Plus she said she needed to do her hair…which took from 12:15-2:30.  I wasn’t sure how long hair took, so I sat around and waited.

When the boys got home at 2:30 I was already bored out of my mind.  I spent 2 hours twiddling my thumbs waiting for her to come out of the bathroom.  I did wash 2 loads of laundry in that time.  I guess I could have read or went to the pool but like I said, I didn’t know how long hair took.

We ended up grilling that evening, which was nice.  

I hadn’t made a pot of beans in FOREVER.  Had to make them really mild, Dan’s mom hates any spice at all.  They still turned out really well, but I missed the heat! 

Beef and chicken fajitas, grilled veggies, guac, and all of the trimmings.  Unfortunately Dan didn’t tell his parents to read the label on the marinade, so no beef for me 😦  That’s ok though, I made up for that with guacamole and extra chicken!

It turned out well and everyone enjoyed the food.  The boys had fun being grill masters together.

I swiped some leftovers and made myself a plate for Tuesday night’s dinner, so I can eat as soon as I get home from LUNA, since it’ll be late.

The evening was low key.  His parents went for a short walk and I got my stuff ready for work.  We watched tv and I called it an early night.  Tuesdays are super busy for me and usually start at 4:15, so staying up late is a BAD idea!

I guess it was a good day overall.  Not working and  just relaxing.  I just had retail therapy in mind.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s