I never learn. The office gym is ALWAYS a bad idea. It’s not crowded before work and I only use it when i’m running late (and can’t make it to Gold’s across the freeway). I was running late on Tuesday, so I settled for the work gym. BAD MELISSA! There are no rules and it drives me nuts! Here are the rules I am proposing…
RULES OF THE OFFICE GYM/LOCKER ROOM
- The bathroom stall is for people using the gym. It’s not your own secret stall to do your nastiness in.
- There are only 2 showers. You cannot expect to reserve them before you workout.
- The signs say don’t leave stuff overnight. And please don’t leave it in there for months at a time, it stinks.
- Keep your fashion comments to yourself when others are getting dressed. I don’t care what you think about my sweater. I do care that you are watching me like a hawk, it’s creepy.
- If you are going to bring an IPOD into the gym, bring headphones too. I don’t want to hear your crappy music.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Wearing your work clothes is just gross.
- Wear appropriate shoes. Wearing dress shoes is hard on the equipment and one day you will probably fall on your face. I will laugh then.
- Re-rack your weights. It’s common courtesy and sense. Really. It’s not ok to leave stuff strewn all over the room.
- When you move to another piece of cardio equipment, shut the treadmill off. There is no reason to leave it running while you ride the bike. Really. I promise it’ll turn back on when you are done.
- The weight bench is not a locker room bench. Please don’t bring your briefcase and lunch into the gym and put it on the weight benches.
That’s just my starting list. I may need more than 1 piece of paper. Yes, i’m only joking, but that all really happens, every single time I go in there. And I only ever see the same 2 people that early. Makes your head hurt, doesn’t it?
FOOD for Tuesday
PW: half apple, Adora disk, half serving pistachios
WO: weights at work gym
B1: omelette I made with those leftover stuffed mushrooms. It rocked, although it wasn’t pretty. Dan ate all of our eggs, so it’s whites until I go back to the store.
B2: DF latte
L: tuna spud cakes (new recipe from magazine), salad with EVOO and cracked fresh pepper, raw veggies
The tuna-spud cakes were tuna and sweet potato which were pan grilled. I guess they had potential but if I hadn’t added spices (recipe didnt call for any), they would have been super bland. Not sure i’ll make them again. I thought they’d also be a filling combo with the rest of my lunch, but they sadly were not.
S: half serving of pistachios, other half of apple
D: same as Monday (I recycled that photo). Pulled pork, slaw, but this time with broccoli., carrots came later
S: cooked carrots with cinnamon and coconut oil