Friday Night Lights-SF style

Started off the day with a quick run before heading to the airport.  Wasn’t the best workout, but it sufficed.

All 13 of us flew from ATX to Houston to San Francisco.  We’d be in the air during lunch, so I grabbed a strawberry almond salad and baked potato from Wendy’s to eat during lunch-time.  Glad I did (and had a snack too), because we didn’t eat dinner until pretty late and my options weren’t that great.

I  had some weird bloating/swelling from the flight which was uncomfortable for sure and not typical for me.  Glad that was only during the flight.

Landed, got checked into the hotel and then half of us headed  on the bus to AT&T field to see the Giants vs Phillies.

The stadium was gorgeous!  Dan bought what was picked as the “top 3 seats to see a MLB from”.  They were pretty awesome.

This was the view behind the seats

Homerun ball recovery crew

Goofing around on the trolley

Had a first for all of us.  A real “bench clearing brawl” during the game.  Never seen one live at a baseball game before!  (only hockey)

I had a few setbacks in the park.  #1, the bathrooms closest to us were downstairs.  A lot of stairs.  I had trouble getting back up the stairs.  WTF?  My legs were so fatigued I didn’t think i’d make it up the whole way.  I haven’t struggled with stairs since I was overweight.  This upset me.

Then it was dinner time.  The only Gluten Free option that I could find, other than eating a piece of meat without a bun was a piddly little grilled chicken salad.  I’m glad Emerald was giving out nuts as the promotion before the game, because I had to dig into those before we left the park.

Once the sun went down and the fog set in, it got pretty cold.  I am fine if I am moving, but sitting still, I get cold easily.  Don’t get me wrong, this girl wasn’t complaining, but it was uncomfortable.  You can tell by the photos that I am cold (and not so cute any more).

I was wearing a sleeveless tech shirt, a light wool sweater, my RNR SA tech zip-up on top.  Then jeans, Dan’s hoody, my hoody on my legs.  Friend’s boyfriend bought that blanket ($60!, ouch!) and Dan made me wear the beanie (first time ever wearing one, they look dumb on me).  Can you believe I was still kind of cold?   I think the people behind me were locals, notice they are wearing shorts?

When we got back to the room, a big bowl of regional fruit was delivered.  (I was giddy with excitement).  Found out later on that Dan’s boss had it sent to all of the guys.  I SO loved it.  I ate all of it before we returned.  Came in handy for snacks all weekend 🙂

Day #1, although challenging, was a good day.  Good day indeed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s