Just some random observations and musings lately that I don’t get….
- Running with bible. This wasn’t even in Austin, it was in Cedar Park. Brushy Creek Saturday morning, man running with bible. I’ve never seen that one before.
- Working out with curlers. This morning I saw a lady doing weights and cardio with curlers in her hair. Even if you don’t sweat, I think this is strange.
- It was 99% humidity and almost 80 in the early morning on Saturday, I saw a man running in tshirt, shorts, and gloves.
- Lady wearing a tube top, cutoffs, and NO shoes to lift weights. Did I mention her hair was at least 3 feet long and it wasn’t pulled back at all?
- Reading between sets. Not a workout journal, not even a magazine. A novel.
- I don’t know why the fruity colored weights exist at the gym at all
- I overheard a lengthy conversation between 2 women about how they didn’t want to “bulk up”. I tried hard not to laugh
- There is a man at my gym that works out more than once a day and he wears the same clothes for the whole week. It’s nasty and he’s a profuse sweater who flings sweat everywhere. Did I mention he smells? It’s the #1 reason I rush to the gym on Mondays, to try to kill most of my workout before he gets there, which means less time I have to smell his stench
- Running is not the solution to everything. It is a great solution to many things, but not for everything
- Very few people in my WW follow the program. They come, weigh in, complain they don’t know why they didn’t lose, and glaze over during the meeting
- A lady told me yesterday she couldn’t eat like me for the rest of her life. Like what? She has no idea what I eat. I suppose she thinks I don’t eat. HA!
- You can’t out-train a bad diet. Running will not solve your eating issues.
- If something is a trigger, try to limit it. I love to bake, I like sweets. I rarely bake at home unless it’s for an occasion or event. If I want something, I eat it out most of the time (good quality stuff). Or I buy a small serving to share with Dan.
- I do keep dark chocolate at home, but I keep it behind closed doors. If I want some, i’ll get some. It’s not in plain sight, so I don’t go nuts with it. Out of sight, out of mind.
Just my 2 cents 😉