This was on Sunday’s front page of Yahoo news.
If you lost weight, how did you do it? How long have you kept it off? How do you keep it off?
HOW I DID IT: I lost the weight on Weight Watchers from January 2007-June 2007. Around 35 pounds. (I lost a little more after being at goal for 3 years).
TIME: Made goal June 2007, been below goal since then.
HOW I KEEP IT OFF:
1) everything in moderation
2) I still journal everything I eat and all of my workouts
3) I still weigh weekly. And I only weighed weekly when losing, which I highly recommend. In fact, I threw my scale away and didn’t buy another until I made goal.
4) I always have some sort of goal I am working toward that is wellness related, but not loss related.
5) No deprivation
6) Planning and thinking ahead. I plan what I can, i’ve learned to be flexible when I can’t. A little planning goes a long way. This especially applies when you have a challenging week like travel or a vacation.
7) 2 words. Lifestyle Change.
That’s my running “before and after”. Left side is my first 5K in April 2006. I had been running for 4 months, but not lost any weight. That was about 8 months before I joined Weight Watchers in Jan 2007.
Right side is a 5K from May 2010. I’d been at goal for almost 3 years when that was taken. Not only does my body look better, but look at my face. My before looks like I am dying. My after looks HAPPY. That’s because I am 🙂